воскресенье, 27 ноября 2016 г.

HP Probook 455 G1 error and freezing during BIOS update

Hi!

I had today awesome experience during an update of my laptops BIOS. Laptop model HP Probook 455 G1, OS - Windows 10, 64 bit. When PC has restarted I've received BIOS update window with written there Initialize.. text and PC were frozen completely. I've tried to restart and were getting the same every time.


So, how resolve this issue. There are some tips from HP how to fix that using USB (http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833), but you can create this recovery flash only using Windows OS, I didn't have that one, so my receipt is based on Linux tools. And it helped me recover my PC.

I've tried first trick with Win+B button, as was described in the article, but after a restart, I was getting 500 Error of BIOS update, so that wasn't really helpful.

So, you need USB flash first. Then you have to download BIOS file from HP drivers website, exactly for your laptop model, an example for my HP Probook 455 G1 it is here - http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5359416&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4192 . I've chosen English language and Windows 10 as OS because it has been installed on the laptop with the BIOS issue.

1. So, download BIOS driver (.exe file will be there, like sp77983.exe). Put it in some folder, for example, we've put it to

/bios_update/sp77983.exe

2. Let's move further. Install 7zip terminal app, in my case I were using p7zip, I've installed it using brew:

brew install p7zip

Then unpack your BIOS driver by command in console:

7z x ./sp77983.exe

Now you'll have these files in your folder:

BIOSUpdate
ROM.CAB
WSSP76956.rtf
hpqFlash.exe
hpqFlash64.exe
sp77983.exe

3. Next, you have to copy that files to your USB flash.

Rename your USB device to HP_TOOLS and make next file structure:

\---Hewlett-Packard

    +---BIOS
    | \---New
          Here copy all files that you have (ROM.CAB, WSSP76956.rtf, hpqFlash.exe, hpqFlash64.exe)
    |
    \---BIOSUpdate
         
So, copy folder BIOSUpdate to Hewlett-Packard folder, create folder BIOS/New in Hewlett-Packard folder and copy there all other files from your BIOS driver folder.

4. Eject USB flash
5. Insert it to the laptop with the BIOS issue
6. Press Win + B buttons on the keyboard and Press Power button to turn it on
7. After PC was loaded release Win + B buttons
8. PC will execute auto-update task for BIOS and after restart, you should have opportunity to load it finally
9. DONE

If you'll have any questions about this trick - please write me, I'll be glad to answer.

Links that were helpful for me and maybe will be for you:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-update-BIOS-on-Linux/td-p/4869835

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

http://superuser.com/questions/503920/how-can-i-recover-from-a-corrupt-bios-in-a-hp-laptop

2 комментария:

  1. Структура биоса на 650 G1 - совсем другая. Да, при создании USB-Recovery средствами HP - создается такая структура папок. Только папка New - пустая.

    Теперь о биосе. Ошибка 500. Вставляется Recovery флешка. Win+B, Power, 2 секунды - отпускается, начинает мигать Caps-Lock, загорается флешка. Экран черный. Через секунд 10 начинает шуметь вентилятор. Все! Больше ничего не происходит. Чтото подскажете?

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. К сожалению не разбирался с 650 HP и если там другая версия BIOS, то скорее всего Вам нужно скачать другой драйвер (sp77983.exe), но я думаю техника должна быть похожая

    ОтветитьУдалить